Compliance+ Social Work
Compliance+ Social Work is the best practice quality standard for recruitment businesses and compels members to go beyond statutory safeguarding standards and aim for excellence in competency, selection and service quality. This was developed alongside Compliance+ Education and more recently Compliance+ Clinical & Healthcare to provide an uncompromising quality benchmark for Education, Social Work and Clinical & Healthcare recruitment companies.
How to become accredited
The Compliance+ accreditation process is administered by APSCo. However, audits are undertaken by independent professional auditors that specialise in auditing situations where the safeguarding of vulnerable people is involved.
There are seven steps to becoming accredited to Compliance:
- Complete the APSCo membership application process
- Provide APSCo with certain information about your company
- Review APSCo Compliance+ terms of business here
- Understand the requirements of Compliance+
- Ensure internal processes are in line with the best practice requirements
- Request an audit
- Pass the audit on an annual basis showing continuous improvement
For more information on Compliance+, please call us on +44 (0) 203 117 0910 or email [email protected].
Compliance Standards Committee
The APSCo Standards Committee ensures that the Compliance+ standard remains relevant, appropriate and provides governance of the audit process for the standard.
The committee plays a critical role in making sure that the Compliance+ strategy and business plans are focused on the needs of members and support compliance of the recruitment profession.
Permanent members of the committee include APSCo, our Independent Auditors and Keith Rosser as Chair.
View our Committee Terms of Reference here.
2022/23 Social Work Compliance+ Committee Members
- Keith Rosser (Chair), Director of Group Risk, Reed Screening
- Ben Arnold, Managing Director, 3D Recruit
- Rachel Power, Safeguarding Manager, 3D Recruit
- Katy Oliver, Managing Director, Caritas
- Gareth Welch, Director, Tripod
Compliance+ Audit Overview
Compliance+ audits will be undertaken by independent auditors. An in-depth remote audit will take place two years in a row, on the third year, the audit will be face-to-face, taking place at the recruitment business's place of work.
Further details on the remote audit process can be found here.